DIY always triggered me with its fascinating fulfillment and energy saving. If I could, I would do everything for a better world, and that led me here.
With 35W as its consumption, I could hardly notice even any frog light there. You knew how the original light worked. Why not do something with it and make it better?
This time, the task was harder than ever before. We came to the components first.
1. The manufactory said its LED light consumption could reach 3W, but I didn’t buy it. 1.5W toped. In order to get a more stable consumption, I had it at 1.5W, and would keep an eye on cooling system at back.
2. This was a single LED light and every frog light had 3 of them.
3. The LED light perfectly fitted with the original mold.
4. This was how it looked when finished.
5. Don’t worship me when you sew how perfectly they got.
6. The cooling system played an important role in lighting stability. With the help of constant-current control and fuse wire, lights could be more stabilized.
7. Those steps before were not as important as this one: taking pictures with fixed shutter and aperture.
Say goodbye to your bro.
Only ambient light.
Go for it, man.
It gave out the light like a torch did. I would be picked ass, if I used this one in front of my car.
Anyway, I would always figure it out.
8. Test driving for LED lights. Here we go!
With fixed shutter and aperture, I took pictures in 3 situations:
LED frog lights on.
LED frog lights on plus head lights.
Those 2 lights looked like a pair of monster eyes.
Most of all, they cost less power and were more friendly to the environment.
P = 13V * 0.34A =4.42
The consumption of one single LED bulb was 4.5W meanwhile that of the original light was 35W. So I did it.
Those could be used as DRL in daytime.